As Hong Kong’s oldest private recreational club, and a founding member of the Hong Kong Sports Federation & Olympic Committee, the Club is committed to advancing the enjoyment of water sports, healthy physical activity, and community participation throughout Hong Kong.
Our Mission & Purpose:
- To be the premier ocean water sports club in Hong Kong.
- To raise the profile of ocean water sports in in Hong Kong and offer opportunities for participation at all levels.
- To provide an environment where people of all cultures and backgrounds, young and old, can develop a passion for water sports.
- To promote an appreciation of the ocean and a culture of ocean awareness.
- To provide members with an environment and activities to assist in creating a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
- To encourage elite performance in water sports, including open-water swimming, water polo, and a full array of paddle and oar-based sports, including dragon boating, outrigger canoeing, surf ski, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, ocean rowing and other paddle sports or water sports such as may be taken up by members.
- To sharing its expertise and passion for sports with the Hong Kong community, in particular with those who are financially disadvantaged or physically or mentally handicapped, who otherwise might have limited opportunities to enjoy water sports.
- Commit to principles of sustainability, beginning with protecting and nurturing the ocean environment, ensuring that its resources are not degraded, and preserving it as an asset for future generations.
- Serve as a platform for the development of elite athletes from within the Hong Kong community, especially those from underprivileged backgrounds who might not otherwise have the opportunity to explore their full potential.
- Encourages civility, courtesy and good sportsmanship in all forms of interaction among Club members and between the Club and the community.